Barnet Fair, our favourite men’s grooming Barber&Shop, has signed up to become a regular feature on Maketh Man, giving us tips and tricks on maintaining our most prized asset: our ‘Chevy Chase’.
A contribution from Barnet Fair.
Face The Front #1: Edwin Jagger
We are not here to tell you what to buy, or to try and coerce you into changing to fancy new product for the sake of it, but merely to share with you – friends with a common interest, what we like or dislike. To give you a ‘heads-up’ on our findings out there in the South African market. Be it home grown or imported, at least we’ve tried it, tested it and are now telling the truth about it.
Lets face it, as discerning males, glossy magazines bombard us with thousands of men’s grooming products from all corners of the globe. But unless you can afford to travel twice a year (unlike me), you can’t get your hands on the stuff they promise will satisfy all our grooming desires. Yes, certain companies will ship internationally, but you want that cracker aftershave balm , or that thinning hair shampoo - NOW!
I’m going to tell you very briefly about two such products I’ve found.
1. Edwin Jagger Wet Shave Range comprises of a focused assortment of shave creams, soaps and aftershave balm. Many products we use on our face these days are full of parabens and paraffin (the nastys that dry your skin out). It is imperative to always moisturize after a shave. And after using one of these puppies, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed .
2. Edwin Jagger Aftershave Balms come in three variants, namely:
- Sandalwood – a combination of exotic peppery wood and spiciness. Highly masculine yet discreet. Ideal for normal and dry skin.
- Aloe Vera – Soothing, helps to repair and protect. Fragrance is delicate and restrained, very unassuming. Excellent for sensitive skin.
- Sea Buckthorn – ‘Hippophae Ramnoides’ is a diciduous thorny shrub found in Asia and Europe on sea coasts. Its small orange berries are exceptionally rich in Vitamin C, helping restore and replenish dehydrated skin. Sea Buckthorn has an understated fruity fragrance which is light and refreshing. Suitable for all skin types.
So there you have it – and the best part is it’s 99.9% natural and available right here in Cape Town.